Information on Joining Sutton & District AC & Membership
HOW TO JOIN SUTTON & DISTRICT AC
* PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ABLE TO TAKE ON NEW MEMBERS. WE APOLOGISE TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN AWAITING AN INDUCTION. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN PLACED ON A WAITING LIST AND YOU WILL BE CONTACTED AS SOON AS INDUCTIONS/MEMBERSHIPS RESUME. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AT THIS TIME.
IN ADDITION IF YOUR CHILD IS CURRENTLY PART OF THE MONDAY NIGHT TRAINING GROUP RUN BY EVERYONE ACTIVE AND THEY HAVE TURNED 11 AND WOULD LIKE TO MOVE UP TO CLUB NIGHTS PLEASE CONTACT THE CLUB VIA EMAIL. firstname.lastname@example.org FOR INFO THEY WILL BE ABLE TO CONTINUE ON MONDAY NIGHTS UNTIL THE CLUB CAN RESUME INTAKE OF NEW MEMBERS. THANK YOU.
SUTTON & DISTRICT AC - HOW TO JOIN
PLEASE DO NOT TURN UP AT THE DAVID WEIR LEISURE CENTRE ON CLUB NIGHTS TO DISCUSS JOINING OR ASSUME YOU CAN START TRAINING. WE ARE UNABLE TO DISCUSS OR ARRANGE MEMBERSHIP AT THIS TIME DUE TO COACHING COMMITMENTS. PLEASE CONTACT THE CLUB TO ARRANGE A VISIT.
Sutton & District Club nights take place on Tuesday & Thursday evenings for athletes age 11 and up. If you are interested in joining please contact email@example.com and we will forward a welcome pack to you.
Once we have received the application form back from you we will arrange an induction session. Please be aware that Sutton & District is not part of Everyone Active (SLM) and therefore they will be unable to give you information on Sutton & District AC.
Sutton & District AC Club membership is required to be paid after 3 trial sessions. Forms can be downloaded from our membership & kit page. All Club members and those taking part in trial sessions are to sign in at the table set up in the main foyer of the David Weir Leisure Centre before entering the Centre for Health & Safety Requirements.
Please also note that Sutton & District AC is a club run purely by Volunteers, and therefore at times we will not be able to contact you immediately (we will try our best) in addition we will sometimes need to close memberships depending on capacity and coach availability. Please note that as a competitive athletics club all athletes are expected to compete in at least 75% of all club league matches that they are eligible for. (This does not incl. Schools, County or Open events) Please inform your coach if you cannot compete in the fixtures you have been asked to attend.
PLEASE NOTE: To enter the track as well as being a member of Sutton & District you will also have to become a member of Everyone Active. Everyone Active have different price plans on membership; pay as you go and monthly memberships. Please talk to them about this. Please do not assume because you have become a member of Everyone Active that you are a member of Sutton & District AC.
Athletes under the age of 11
Young athletes aged between 8 and 10 years who are keen to compete please contact Everyone Active on 0208 641 9480 or our club (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will provide you with information on our Monday night training group. Currently a group is run by Everyone Active (SLM) on a Monday evening between 6 and 7pm. This group is for those who are keen to compete for an athletics club with the opportunity to transfer to club nights once they become 11 years old. To join this group you will need to also become affiliated to Sutton & District AC. If you do not wish to compete in club competitions please look at joining the alternative after school athletics clubs run by Everyone Active.
(In addition if your child is under 8 and wants to try athletics but not compete yet please contact Everyone Active who will give you details of after-school athletic activities that they run).
ATHLETES WHO WISH TO TRANSFER TO
SUTTON & DISTRICT
Please ensure you inform your existing club and ensure they authorise the transfer. Please see the link below for more information.
If you no longer wish to be a member of Sutton & District AC please ensure that you inform your coach and the club on email@example.com. You will also need to resign your membership with England Athletics. All our members are enrolled with England Athletics. Please see the link below for the procedure that needs to be followed for all leaving clubs (as well as those wishing to transfer clubs).
Please do not assume that if you no longer train that the club will assume you have resigned. We need to be informed so that we can allocate spaces to those on waiting lists. Thank you.
CHANGING TRAINING GROUPS
If you wish to move training groups within the club please follow the guidelines in the following link:
Sutton & District club nights are for those age 11 and up.
Training sessions take place on Tuesdays & Thursday from 6.30-8.30pm & Sunday mornings 10am-12pm. Some athletes may be asked to attend coaching on other days and this will depend on your coach. Your coach will give you more detail on times for these which will depend on time of year, your age and whether there are events on that day. Our coaches ask for commitment to a minimum of 2 days a week training (age dependent or otherwise arranged with your coach).
We welcome all to Sutton & District AC but we do need to remind you that we are a competitive athletics club and you will also need to commit to compete in at least 75% of the league competitions you are eligible for. This will be reviewed regularly.
GUIDELINES FOR GOOD TRAINING SESSIONS AT
SUTTON & DISTRICT AC.
To enable safe training we would recommend the following:
1) Water (at least one) or isotonic drink to ensure hydration before, during and after training. (There is a café upstairs but it can be disruptive during rest breaks for athletes to disappear upstairs to buy drinks). Water bottles can be topped up but all athletes need to check with their coach where this can be done and when it's a suitable time.
2) Small healthy snack (for refuel after training)
3) Medication: Asthma pumps, please make sure the coach is aware if the athlete has asthma and in addition if a pump has been forgotten for training, training can be adapted to accommodate this. For your information Coaches under UKA rules are forbidden to offer pumps to athletes that are not the athletes own prescribed inhaler. Please do not put your child at risk by letting them attend without a pump. If you are able to provide a named pump we can keep this locked in the clubroom for emergency use.
Please ensure the coach is aware if the athlete is taking any other medication at the time of training and that you are aware of the policy on medication.
It is vital you check that any medication you are taking is not on the list.
4) Membership cards; Club card essential as it should have emergency contact number on the back (Please remember to update the club if your emergency contact numbers change). Also remember Everyone Active Membership card for entrance to the Arena. In addition, all athletes to sign in at registration desk as part of our H&S rules. Club membership cards can be produced from you login at paysubsonline.
5) Spikes/Suitable footwear (not plimsolls). We can lend out spikes occasionally.
6) All athletes 11 or under must have a parent present.
7) Suitable clothing for training in for the days weather conditions.
8) Welfare concerns please do talk to Claire and Neville our two Welfare Officers (contact numbers on our contact page) or your Coach.
9) Please remember that all coaches, committee members and welfare officers are Volunteers at the club.
Note: Please remember for matches to bring your club vest and if you don't have one you can purchase one from Paul. The Team Managers don't provide vests any longer as spares have not been returned.
Sutton & District AC are Located at The David Weir Leisure Centre (formerly Sutton Arena), Middleton Road, Carshalton Surrey SM5 1SL