SUTTON & DISTRICT A.C
NEWS, Fixtures & results
Join the club
Forms & documents
David Weir Leisure Centre (formerly Sutton Arena)
Surrey SM5 1SL
Free Car parking available (park in marked bays only warden operated)
Events & Fund Raisers
Sutton & District
Congratulations to all our athletes who competed at the SLAN Indoor Open and thank you to all for supporting this network. They had over 190 entries. Thanks to those from the club who gave up their time to help run the event. The results can be found here:
LONDON VIRGIN MARATHON - Our runner this year is our Vice President Alex Starr. To support Alex with his fundraising for this a QUIZ NIGHT has been set for FRIDAY 30TH MARCH. Please put this date in your diary. More information will follow shortly on our Fundraising page.
COACHES - Sutton & District AC are looking for a qualified High Jump coach. Please contact the club if you are interested in supporting our athletes.
REMINDER SLAN INDOOR OPEN takes place Sunday 8th January. Please find info and link to entry.
SEAA Indoor U20/SNRS - Closing date for U20s and Seniors is Tuesday 3rd January.
SPORTSHALL JANUARY 22ND - All U13s and U15s girls and boys. This is an Indoor athletic competition and is a great opportunity for our U13 group to compete for the club in a fun and competitive environment. We are able to enter teams into this event which takes place at Guildford Spectrum Centre. Please contact the club if you are available to compete ASAP. Team Managers - Tony Iduoshan & Paul Lockyer.
JANUARY NEWSLETTER - Please find a link to the January Issue of Trackside. If you are a club member and have not received this please do contact the club.
EMAIL ADDRESSES - Information will soon be going out regarding membership. Please ensure your email address is up to date on your paysubsonline account.
Sutton & District AC would like to wish you all a Happy and Healthy 2017.
SEAA INTER-COUNTY CROSS-COUNTRY, HORSPATH, 10TH DECEMBER 2016 - Congratulations to Dominique Corradi on winning the U15 girls individual event for Surrey. The U15 girls also won the team medal. Congratulations also to RIcky Lutakome on 3rd place in the U17 men.
SLAN INDOOR OPEN SUNDAY 8TH JANUARY - online entries (or entries on the day up until 10.30am).
Indoor SEAA or EA events - please contact your coach or see SEAA or EA website for details on entry criteria to these events.
Thanks to all those who came to our Christmas social - look out for more events like these coming soon. Sutton & District AC would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Reminder to speak to your coach regarding training over the Christmas break as each groups training times will differ. Please note no U13 training during this time.
Club Social 20th December 8pm - please see poster for more info
COACHING COURSE - Athletics Coach Course at David Weir Leisure Centre - Jan 14/15 (booking deadline 6th Jan) please see following link:
MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY VACANCY - We urgently require a Volunteer Membership Secretary. Please contact the club asap if you are interested or can help in this role.
THANK YOU TO ASDA Sutton for supporting us with our fundraising.
MINI MARATHON - If you are interested in running in the Mini Marathon for your Borough please see:
or contact Nick & Maureen Hancock on club nights at Sutton & District AC who are the Team Managers for the London Borough of Sutton.
NEWSLETTER - please find the latest addition of the club newsletter. Please continue to check the website or follow twitter for updates on club information.
If you are interested in joining please contact our Membership Secretary, Sylvia, via this email please.
NOTE SPORTSHALL IS CANCELLED THIS SUNDAY 27TH DUE TO LACK OF AVAILABILITY
AGM REMINDER - TUESDAY 29th NOVEMBER 8PM IN THE LES ALLDER ROOM (CLUB ROOM) ALL CLUB MEMBERS ARE WELCOME.
Black Friday shopping? Don't forget to add this link to your toolbar and you can collect free donations for the club
SLAN INDOOR OPEN 8TH JANUARY 2017 - Entries are now live
MINI MARATHON - If you are interested in running in the Mini Marathon for your Borough please see:
or contact Nick & Maureen Hancock on club nights who are the Team Managers for the Borough of Sutton.
AGM EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ARE DUE INTO THE CLUB SECRETARY BY NOV 15th.
A number of committee members are restanding for post however if you are interested in these or any other roles that are vacant please advise. There is a list in the clubroom and also the full list of Management Committee (Voting) Officer (Non-Voting) roles can be found on the Club section of this site. Please contact the club secretary asap please.
Please support our fundraising for Electronic Timing/EDM equipment on
Please don't forget to sign up to our fundraising at ASDA in Sutton on 3rd December.
Sportshall U13/U15 members please contact the club email or Paul and Tony at training re your availabiiity to compete on 27th November at Guildford Spectrum. Thank you. NOTE THIS IS NOW CANCELLED DUE TO A LACK OF ATHLETES AVAILABILITY OR CONFIRMING AVAILABILITY.
MARATHON - So far we have had one exprssion of interest to run the London Marathon on behalf of the club, If you are interested please contact us asap.
If you are interested in joining please contact our Membership Secretary, Sylvia, via this email please.
Aviva Fundraising - by now you should have received the email from our Chair, William, regarding funding for electronic timing. Please see the following link to add your votes. All ages can vote - you just need to register and then you can add your votes. Please spread the word and thank you for supporting this initiative.
EPSOM DOWNS CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE please contact the club if you are able to help Team Manage or Marshall at these events. The first race is on November 6th. Thank you.
Virgin London Marathon - The club is hoping to have one place for a fundraising runner to take part in the 2017 Virgin London Marathon. Please contact the club if you would like more information on this. Thank you.
Cancelled SURREY SPORTSHALL - unfortunately we have had to cancel taking teams. to Sportshall. The next event is on Sunday 27th November please contact the club if you are available. Open to all U13 & U15 athletes.
Surrey Sportshall we have the opportunity to take teams to this on Sunday 16th October at the Spectrum Centre in Guildford. All u13/U15s boys and girls are welcome to attend. At present (12/10/16) we have had a low response to the email sent out last week and not quite enough for teams. Please contact the club or see Tony and Paul this Thursday at the club so a decision can be made on entering. Thank you.
BOWLING - REMINDER TO SIGN UP FOR THIS.
AGM - The AGM will take place on Tuesday 29th November at 8pm in the Club room (Les Allder Room) at the David Weir Leisure Centre. Please find more info on 'The Club' section on this website. All club members are welcome to attend.
PROVISIONAL WINTER FIXTURES - Please find a link to the provisional fixtures for this season. If you are interested in taking part in cross country events please speak to Maureen on club nights.
WINTER TRAINING - Winter training for all groups has commenced. Please contact your coach for more info.
BOWLING - Social - please see sign up sheet in the club room ASAP
BAG PACKING - Please see sign up sheet in the club room re fundraising bag packing at ASDA on Sat 3rd December.
BBQ FUN DAY & AWARDS
Thank you to all who organised and supported this event. A fun afternoon was had by all.
CONGRATULATIONS to our 2016 Club Award Winners:
Chairs Award - Keely Elgar
SNR Woman - Jade Ive
SNR Man - Nico Kirschtein-Smith
U20 Woman - Sophia Henlon
U20 Man - SId Walters
U17 Woman - Olivia Stillman
U17 Man - Ricky Lutakome
U15 Girl - Olivia Chessell
U15 Boy - Rory Payn
U13 Boy - Jack Hoad
U13 Girl - Morgan-Taylor Wells
BBQ FUN DAY & AWARDS - This event is open to all associated with Sutton & District AC from athletes, coaches, officials, parents & supporters. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to buy tickets.
Season 2015-2016 Club Athletes Achievements; Please find a link to the achievements of our athletes in Cross Country 2015/2016 and Track 2016:
Nominations for our club awards can be found in the following link. For information nominations were given for a number of reasons such as performance, commitment, development and leadership. The nominations were made by your coaches, team managers and club committee.
Congratulations to Harry Aikines-Aryeetey and to the TEAM GB relay squad on 5th place in the 4 x 100m relay with 37.98 secs. We are a very proud club.
#IAMTEAMGB - Are you are inspired by the Olympics? Please find information on our #IAMTEAMGB event taking place on 27th August from 9-11 at the David Weir Leisure Centre. More information in the following link.
CLUB FUN DAY & AWARDS Saturday 3rd September at DWLC from 1-6pm. More information in the link.
Club kit update - unfortunately there has been a slight delay on the kit. Information will be sent out as soon as the kit arrives.
Congratulations to Harry Aikines-Aryeetey on reaching the final of the 4 x 100m relay at the Rio Olympics.
Congratulations to Jade Ive competing for England and on gaining a silver medal with a vault of 3.90 at the Manchester International.
Manchester International 17th August - congratulations to Jade Ive, Pole vault and Charmont Webster-Tape 4x100m on their selection for the Manchester International fixture.
Please find a copy of email sent out to all paid members regarding the final league matches (and some open fixture information).
IAAF WORLD U20 CHAMPIONSHIPS BYDGOSZCZ 2016 - Huge congratulations to Imani Lansiquot on her PB of 11.17.
TEAM GB 4 x 100 RELAY SELECTION FOR HARRY AIKINES-ARYEETEY - Congratulations to Harry on his selection for Rio 2016.
ENGLAND SELECTION FOR JACOB VEERAPEN - Following on from his success at English Schools, Jacob has now gone on to be selected for the England Team at the Welsh International taking place on 21st July.
Congratuations to Jacob on this achievement.
WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS SELECTION - Following on from her success in the 100m at EA National Championships this weekend Imani Lansiquot has been selected the 2016 IAAF World Junior Championships taking place between 19- 24 July in Bydgoszcz, Poland. Congratulations Imani.
CLUB KIT - An email has gone out to all members regarding replacement vests.
Please find the link below to order additiional items of club clothing. Please note the ordering window for club kit such as hoodies, track suits etc will close on 7th July.
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Imani Lansiquot who on Sunday ran 100m in 11.28. This achievement means that Imani, who is only 18, is now 5th in the UK for 100m and No 1 in the U20s. But Imanis achievement doesn't just stop there it also means that Imani has also met the UKA OLYMPIC A STANDARD of 11.32. The club is incredibly proud of Imanis achievement and hope you all join us in congratulating her on this outstanding achievement and her success.
* Club Kit.
The new kit designs have arrived and are displayed in the club room. Samples can be viewed on club nights. If are a renewed member and have purchased a club vest or club crop top in the past please see Paul or Karen on club nights regarding size or alternatively please email this in to the club. firstname.lastname@example.org who will pass this on. All members who have purchased a vest will have their current vest replaced when these stocks arrive. You will need to bring your old vest with you at this time. New members will be able to purchase vests shortly.
All other items of kit will be able to be purchased directly from the manufacturer and will be available soon. Details to follow.
* Stop Press - Bronze medal for Jade at the Loughborough International with a vault of 3.90m.
Congratulations to Jade and Allan Williams (coach) on her England selection for Jade Ive to compete in the Pole Vault at the Loughborough International taking place on 22nd May.
* Surrey County Championships. Congratulations to all who competed and to their coaches too.
* Final reminder that all renewal memberships were due on 1st May. Unpaid members will no longer be able to train or compete. Please contact email@example.com asap. Thank you.
* Ebbisham League - The first match took place on Sunday and we a good turnout from the boy. Well done to all who competed and thanks to all who came along to support the boys.
* Lily B League - well done to all who competed, a number of PBs were gained and there were some very strong performances. Thank you to those who gave up their time to support the girls.
* Congratulations to all our athletes who represented their Borough in the London Mini Marathon.
* A HUGE congratulations to Katie Raab on completing the London Maratahon and for all her hard work in fundraising for the club.
* LONDON MARATHON - WOW! Katie has exceeded her first target for her fund-raising for the Helen Ritson Fund and has had to set up a second fundraising page. Please find the new link below if you would still like to donate. Thank you to all those who have donated to Katie and a HUGE THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS to Katie on achieving her target from all at Sutton & District AC.
* Southern Athletics League - Congratulations to all who competed and thank you to all who stepped in to help us run a very successful match on Sunday. We came 2nd on the day and are now 6th in the league. A great start to our season for our athletes. In addition congratulations to Jade Ive, SNR Pole Vault and Jacob Veerapen U20 Triple Jump who both were athletes of the match.
* MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS are now due. Please contact our Membership Secretary, Sylvia at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received an email regarding this.
* A reminder that all at Sutton & District AC Committee members and Coaches are volunteers so if you have queries please do email and they will be addressed to but, it may on occasions, take a few days to reply especially during busy periods for the club.
* DEVELOPMENT DAYS - We are hosting athlete development days with Leo Davis (former coach to Usain Bolt) over the Easter Holidays. A timetable will be placed in the club room to book your place. Coaches are welcome to attend. More details to follow shortly.
* The winner of this months Jack Petchey award was Ricky Lutakome.
* Epsom Downs League - Congratulations to Georgia Hope U13, who can 2nd overall in the league this season.
* English Schools Cross Country Nottingham - Congratulations to Ricky Lutakome who came 4th in the Inter Boys and ran himself into the English Schools cross country team which takes place on 18th March. Congratulations also to Junior Girls, Dominique Corradi coming 34th and Inter Girls, Olivia Stillman 50th.
*British Championships, Sheffield - Congratulations to Jade Ive on winning silver in the Pole Vault with a PB of 4.10m and congratulations to Allison Wilder on Bronze medal in the triple jump with a jump of 12.77
* A great weekend for our athletes at The Surrey County Indoor Championships. Congratulations to all our medal winners and also to all those who achieved personal bests. Congratulations to all their coaching teams too.
SNR Women - Pole Vault - Jade Ive
U20M High Jump - Sid Walters
U17M Triple Jump - Andrew Enchill
U15B 60m Hurdles - Callum Holder
U13G Long Jump - Reahnna Wilson-Jones
U20W Pole Vault - Maddie Sketchley
U17G 60m - Charmont Webster-Tape
U17M Triple Jump - Nicholas Veerapen
U15G 60m - Safyre Forrester Jackson
U15B Long Jump - Callum Holder
U13G Long Jump - Morgan-Taylor Wells
U20W 60m - Sophia Henlon
U15B High Jump - Callum Holder
* Please find in the following link our provisional summer fixture list. We encourage all our members to give priority to league fixtures over open meetings. Thank you.
* We are now collecting Sainsburys Vouchers.
* Congratulations to Imani Lansiquot on becoming National 60M U20W Champion with a 60m PB time of 7.33. In addition congratulations to Shaye Emmett on her bronze medal in the U17G Pole Vault with a jump of 3.50m at the England Athletics Indoor Age Group Championships.
* Congratulations to our U17 Girls: Lily C, Amy, Emily, Georgia, Fiona and Lily K on winning the Surrey League Cross Cross Country U17W title and Dominique for winning the U15 Girls individual title.
* The winner of this months Jack Petchey award was Ayden Wood.
* CAU Inter-County Cross Country Cofton Park Birmingham - Congratulations to Ricky Lutakome for his selection for the U17 Surrey team and to Ryan & Alex Galvin as reserves. Congratulations to U15 Dominique Corradi on her selection and to Olivia Stillman as reserve.
*Membership Secretary - we are still looking for a Membership Secretary.
There are also a number of sub-committee roles available:
Social/Fundraising Secretary (could be a group to support this role), Officials Secretary, Athletes Representative, Disability Co-Ordinator, Website Manager, Veterans Section.
Please contact the Club Secretary on email@example.com
* Surrey Indoors - Closing date is this Thursday 11th (paper) Friday 12th Midday (online).
The club is currently seeking a Membership Secretary. Please contact the Club Secretary if you are interested in this voluntary role. Thank you.
Please check the following link for information on courses for Officials and Coaches.
Congratulations to Charmont Webster-Tape U17 on her invitation to join the GB juniors training camp at Loughborough.
Congratulations to Jade Ive who broke the Pole Vault record for the Southern Athletics League and received her medal last week.
Thank you to all those who took the time to attend our AGM last night. More information will follow shortly on this. However the new Management Committee can be found under Club Committee.
The club thanks outgoing Vice President John Vernon, Chair Lorna Boothe, Membership Secretary Clair Stillman, Ordinary Member John Harris and Paul Lockyer and Fundraising Secretary Colin Rawlings for all their time and commitment to the Club in these roles.
Congratulations to Ricky Lukatome on winning Gold in the U17M at the Surrey County Cross Country Championships. Well done to all who competed in very muddy conditions and thanks to Coaches, Parents and Officials who went along to support.
Congratulations to Shaye Emmett U17W on winning Gold the Pole Vault and Nicholas Veerapen U17M on winning Silver in the Triple Jump.
A reminder that our AGM takes place on Tuesday 12th January at 7pm. Please contact the club to confirm attendance. The constitution to be approved and other information can be found on the Committee Page of this website.
Happy New Year to all involved at Sutton & District AC
Sutton & District would like to wish all our members, volunteers, parents/carers and all our supporters a very Happy Christmas.
All those wishing to stand on the Club Committee please contact the Club email by 5th January at 6pm. The Constitution and other information can be found under the heading Club Committee.
Presentation Evening - a short presentation evening will take place on 22nd December at 7.45pm
Our Clubmark accreditation has been awarded for a second term. Congratulations to all involved.
Congratulations to Ricky Lutakome and Dominique Corradi who have both been selected to take part in the Surrey team at the SEAA inter-county meeting on 12th December. News update: Dominique finished 7th and the Surrey girls were 1st. Ricky finished 10th and Surrey boys were 5th. Huge congratulations to all involved.
A number of indoor open meetings are now open for entry please see our fixtures list on the League Fixtures page or in the club room for more information. As members of Sutton & District all are encouraged entry.
A date of 12th January at 7pm (note change of time) has been set for the Club AGM - all members are welcome to attend. There are a number of roles available information will be sent to club members shortly.
SLAN INDOOR OPEN: Please click on the link for entry details.
Please help us raise funds for your club through Easy Fundraising - it's really easy all you have to do is add the link to your toolbar and every-time you shop on certain websites a percentage is given back to the Club. Thank you to those who have already set this up - to date we have raised nearly £200:
Please see below a message from the Committee:
We are aware that there have been rumours regarding the future of Sutton and District AC and wish to assure you that there are no plans to close the club down.
Over the last few years the membership of the club has increased and yet participation in leagues has fallen. The number of volunteers coaches and officials have dwindled and It has therefore become progressively more difficult to run the club and deliver support and services to our athletes.
As a consequence the Committee has made a decision that in order to maximise the potential of our athletes and offer the best by way of structure, coaching and competition we must put the club through a restructuring programme.
To this end the Committee are aiming for the proposals to be completed in November with a plan to hold an AGM to put these to the members by the end of December. We want to have these changes in place before the start of the 2016 summer track season so as not to be too disruptive.
We would like to take this opportunity to request for parents, friends, coaches, officials, volunteers and young people to come forward and give a little of your time to support the club and to provide a welcoming, structured and competitive environment for our athletes. If you can give some time please contact Mandy Walters, Club Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We need team managers, officials,and coordinators. We need your help so that we can help your children!
We believe the changes will only serve to benefit the club and athletes and see it rise through the leagues in the future.
Sutton and District AC have enjoyed 30 years of athletics and want to continue to do so.
* Apologies that not all the pages on our new website are currently active. Please bear with us on this.
* Officials Courses and Coaching Courses in our area are now available on the England Athletics Website. Please consider booking yourself onto a course to support your club. Any queries please contact the club.
* Good luck to all our Cross Country athletes who start their season this weekend.
* Nutrition workshop Sunday 25th October 1pm-4pm - please contact your Coach for more information. All coaches, athletes & parents welcome. This is course is only bookable in advance only.
* Membership is currently suspended - if you are interested in joining Sutton & District please contact the club via email@example.com for more information. Please do not turn up on club nights. Thank you.
* The AGM set for 14th October has been postponed. An email has been sent to all members regarding the current situation at the club. If you did not receive this communication please contact the club. Thank you.
Congratulations to our athletes who competed at the Surrey County Relays. We had a total of 16 teams entered and Won 2 Golds, 8 Silver & 3 Bronze medals. Thank you to all involved with this event.
South London Athletic Network League
Southern Athletics League
UK Youth Development League
Lilly B League